Women of Distinction 2017 Nomination Form
Who is a Woman of Distinction?
A Woman of Distinction has made a significant and unique contribution in her community by showing vision, creativity, determination and initiative. She is a leader, role model, agent for change, mentor and/or inspiration to others. She has demonstrated exceptional skills in breaking new ground or old barriers and made a difference in her workplace, school or nonprofit. Similarly, Young Woman of Distinction must be a woman who has exhibited the traits outlined above but is under 21 years of age.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to receive a YWCA Darien/Norwalk Women of Distinction award, nominees must:
- Live, work or volunteer in Darien or Norwalk;
- If selected,
- Consent, in writing, to the nomination and publication of her name/photo/narrative in connection with the award;
- Be willing to participate in media events surrounding the event;
- Commit to attending the Thursday, May 4, 2017 event at Woodway Country Club, Darien, CT.
Note: YWCA Darien/Norwalk Membership is not necessary to nominate or receive YWCA Darien/Norwalk Women of Distinction Awards.
Please complete the nomination form describing the nominee’s qualifications and your reasons for making the nomination. You should also include supporting materials such as resumes, curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation, newspaper articles, list of activities etc. Please limit materials to 4 pages.
- Nominations will be evaluated only on the merit of the submissions received.
- As a nominator, it is your responsibility to describe the achievements of the nominee to the Selection Committee. Nomination packages will be reviewed for completeness and nominators may be contacted for clarification and additional information.
- The Selection Committee, an independent group consisting of women who represent a variety of interests and experience, will review all Nomination Packages and select the honorees.
- Honorees will be contacted by March 6th, 2017.
Nomination packages must be received no later than Monday, February 25th, 2017. A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt of the nomination.
Click here for the 2017 Nomination Form
Mail or Email Nominations to:
Women of Distinction Awards
49 Old Kings Highway North
Darien, CT 06820